Thursday, May 27, 2010

In the Beginning


Welcome to my Blog, a medium that has always fascinated me, and deep down inside, I always knew I would someday join the Blogosphere. I have been so moved by recent events vis-à-vis, domestic and global economic turmoil, and most importantly, what I perceive to be an outright assault on morality and Christian values. As a Christian, a husband, a committed father and a deeply patriotic citizen, I feel compelled to heed GOD's warning in Ezekiel, Chapter 33: 1-6:

1 The word of the LORD came to me: 2 "Son of man, speak to your countrymen and say to them: 'When I bring the sword against a land, and the people of the land choose one of their men and make him their watchman, 3 and he sees the sword coming against the land and blows the trumpet to warn the people, 4 then if anyone hears the trumpet but does not take warning and the sword comes and takes his life, his blood will be on his own head. 5Since he heard the sound of the trumpet but did not take warning, his blood will be on his own head. If he had taken warning, he would have saved himself. 6 But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet to warn the people and the sword comes and takes the life of one of them, that man will be taken away because of his sin, but I will hold the watchman accountable for his blood.'

I see the sword coming and am compelled to sound the trumpet and issue my warning. To this end, I will use this Blog “Church & State” to provide a forum for men of character to freely discuss the pressing issues of the day in search of ways in which we will make a difference. And yes, we will mix politics and religion; the two, in my opinion are inextricably bound. There is a committed effort afoot that operates under guise of “the separation of church and state.” It is my opinion that this movement is lead by the evil one, who seeks to obliterate Christianity by utilizing deception disguised as common sense. The oft cited admonition from the founding fathers on the separation of church and state is a gross overstatement of their intent. A society cannot survive without GOD. In fact, man’s sinful nature precludes him from surviving for any appreciable period without moral and spiritual leadership. Let us all become spiritual leaders –men of character.

I am deeply concerned by Hollywood’s portrayal of men as effeminate loafers, uncommitted to their families, and entirely devoid of spirituality. I intend to use this Blog as a platform from which we would build each other up by learning from history, and most importantly, learning from one another.

My dream is to compile these posts into book form someday, which would form the basis for spreading the Good News to other men of character who desire to improve their lives and their communities. So, I urge you to join me in sounding the trumpet, for the sword is falling.

The Commission
Edmund Burke gave us heed when he proclaimed "all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." While I believe that works do not secure me a place in GOD's kingdom, I am compelled to speak out on what I view as the wrong path along which the West is heading. This is not to say that Eastern cultures are in any better shape, it is merely for the sake of expediency that I highlight the West. Burke's support for the American Revolution -while serving in the House of Commons of the very nation with which we waged war, was tempered by his subsequent opposition to the French Revolution. Unlike political leaders of late, Burke affirmed his support for and opposition to these violent conflicts based solely on his religious conviction. In this, Burke demonstrated a fundamental understanding of the warning in Ephesians, Chapter 6; verse 12:

                For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against
                the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of
                this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the
                heavenly realms.


Here, GOD cautions us to take seriously, the battle with the evil one–complacency results in certain death at the hands of an otherwise inferior enemy. The lesson here calls for us to view our daily existence as a battle, and our homes and communities as the battleground. Let us then, join arms, and as “iron sharpens iron,” let us build one another up [in Christ], and march on and take the battle to the enemy.


Recommended Read!

3 comments:

  1. Bravo! I say it's about time. May God bless you on this wonderful journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reading, what's ironic is that the seperation of church and state was initiated by the church so that the government would not interfere with the church. It seems that nowadays it has completly reveresed

    ReplyDelete
  3. When will you publish the next article? I find your blog fascinating and I am learning a great deal. Wow! you really have a great grasp of the issues. Keep writing and stand firm for the LORD!

    ReplyDelete

In order to maintain the integrity of this Blog, all comments would be reviewed prior to posting.